Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 5: Recovery and Travel

Ashwin was defeated by the Asian nightlife and this morning he is seriously contemplating joining AA and never touching alcohol again (to the detriment of his family legacy).

Still drunk, we made it to the airport just in time for our flight to Bangkok. Danny refused to wait in the long line for economy check-in, and insisted on going up to the first-class desk. After being told to go to the other line, Danny said, "No, that's ok, just check us in here." And surprise surprise it worked. Typical Danny.

So far, Bangkok is great. Just as hot and humid as Taiwan, but extremely touristy. While walking through the nearby market, we were propositioned by a man asking if we wanted to get some "Sucky sucky, fucky fucky time". After denying him, he laughed at us and called us "Lady boys". This city is already growing on us. Oh, and our hostel room only costs 5 USD per night. We actually may save money by living here in Asia for 6 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. An airplane flight drunk/hung over... that must have been pleasant. That proposal (do I dare quote proposition man??? I think not!) reminded me of a few lines in this amazing movie we saw last night: "The Hurt Locker". You have it to look forward to on your return... amazing movie (despite the hot comments). Years and years ago Papa and I had a lay over in Bankok, but we had to stay on the plane because (I think) the airport was too small to accommodate all of the 747's transit passengers. I remember looking out the window and seeing something similar to a Quonset hut. I had my fingers crossed that the plane didn't need any repairs. I am guessing that the airport is a bit bigger now. :-} I trust you have been reading Anu's reports. Looks like you, Ashwin, and Anu are birds of a feather!! (not to mention brother and sister!!) Hope you continue to love your travels. I am already exhausted reading about what you are doing and there are still 40+ days to go!!! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete